Wednesday, September 30, 2015

11 GENUINE REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS


When I was resigning from Gtbank Plc some 6 years ago, many of my colleagues thought I was applying to another bank for a better offer but I told them I was just tired of the system and needed to fulfill a lifelong career as an entrepreneur. Few years down the line I have the cause to develop business ideas for my old colleagues, craft business plan and proposals and even went ahead to register their businesses with the corporate affairs commission. Many of my colleagues in the bank had joined the train of self employment because it is the best decision to take when you have worked in an environment like the banking institutions where “monkey works only for baboon to eat the largest chunk of the productivity”. However, if you are the type who does not like challenges and prefers to operate in a “work to rule environment” a white collar jobs such as banking would not be a bad idea. As for me so many reasons pushed me out of the bank and not necessarily the pay package or the imminent banking crisis I foresaw was going to happen after I left. Here are my 11 reasons for going into entrepreneurship.. related article http://hollalaycan.blogspot.com.ng/2015/09/outstanding-features-effective.html

1.     FREEDOM FROM DAILY ROUTINE: I honestly detest monotonous and boring activities which do not really bring out the creative part of me. The bank work was all about “deposit and account opening routine”, the creativity part of it rest with the executive directors and board room members. As a result of this, I got tired early on the job so quitting was imminent.
2.     LIBERTY TO DO WHAT I WANT AND WHEN I WANT: With entrepreneurship, the liberty is absolute and there is no limit to experimenting with what pleases your mind unlike the 9-5 salary job where your lifestyle depends on the rules and ethics of the employer or company that pays your wages.

3.     IMPROVE MY LIVING STANDARD: There is the notion that no one can be richer than his employer while still working in that establishment. Am not striving to become like Bill Gates nor be as wealthy as Dangote but in order to improve my standard of living I need to do something that aligns with my living standard. Related article..http://hollalaycan.blogspot.com.ng/2015/09/top-5-reasons-why-self-employed.html
4.     I WANT CREATIVE FREEDOM: According to Yahoo answers, Creative Freedom is the right to speak one's mind and adhere one's beliefs without any fears of being opposed violently. How many people in paid employments enjoy this creative freedom even when the fundamental human right is enshrined in the national constitution? Only entrepreneurship could afford these privileges.

5.     TO BE ABLE TO FULLY UTILIZE MY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION: In most corporate establishments, it is square peg in a round hole, so many recruitments are conducted on favoritism, ethnicity, family lineage/background and paper weight qualifications. Some employees with Degrees in pharmacy needs not be a cash officer in a bank; I was opportune to work with colleagues whose qualifications were even far ahead of some of our bosses. If these fellows had the opportunity to fully utilize their skills, knowledge and education, they will perform better and be more productive. See also..http://hollalaycan.blogspot.com.ng/2015/06/no-capital-or-fund-7-ways-to-earn-money.html

6.     MY HEAD WAS FULL OF PRODUCTS/IDEAS/SERVICE THAT PEOPLE NEED: Right from my primary school days, I have always liked to engage in business activities. I had the opportunity to go with my mum on trading trips which sometimes last for 3-6days. Since then, I have always wished to become a business person just like my mum. In my higher institutions days, I had business fetching me money on campus, even during my I.T, I never did my internship with a corporate firm, rather I team up with friends and we do Interlocking paving stone installations for people. During my NYSC In Akwa-Ibom state, I was trading in Crayfish and Palm-oil because the state had the largest crayfish market(Ibaka, Ata-bong) in Africa and their palm-oil is one of the best in the country. So it all seems my head was going to blow up if I don’t start a business of my own.   
7.     I WANT TO DEVOTE MORE TIME FOR MY FAMILY: The desire to really foster close ties with members of my immediate and extended family is one of the reasons why going into business was inevitable. My parents really gave their all during
my growing up and I just felt the BEST way to reciprocate is by giving them my time when they won’t have the energy to do tedious chores on their own. Some people prefer to employ maids or servants who will assist their old parents; I however prefer to just be with them as much as I could possibly everyday or twice a week. See also..http://hollalaycan.blogspot.com.ng/2015/01/family-business-values.html
8.     DRESS CODE BECOMES ROUTINE THAT I DON’T LIKE: Most formal or corporate establishments have dress codes for member of staff and it is enforced to the latter. I personally prefer to dress the way it suits me and not contrary to the sense of decency. Putting on a particular color every time reminds of the regimented lifestyle I was trying to avoid.

9.     GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS IS RELAXED FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS: A small business owner enjoys tax holiday, subventions and relaxed rules because the government see the need for them to grow before being slammed with tax burdens, so why not start a small business today and enjoys the holiday of tax moratorium.
10.                        SOMETIMES IT IS BEST TO WORK ALONE: At some point in time, everyone feels the desire to carry out some activities alone. I do meditate in order to find solution to a problem. Maybe what you need to accomplish a task is just some hour of quietness which a 9-5 salary job would not give you the opportunity. Related...http://hollalaycan.blogspot.com.ng/2015/02/how-to-start-your-own-business-on-side.html
11.                        DESIRE TO BE MY OWN BOSS: Nobody like the idea of being controlled or commandeered like a robot, almost everyone desire to be a boss one day but the fear of unknown is what has kept many on a job for decades without much improvement in their standard of living.


These are my 11 reasons for going into entrepreneurship, however, this does not portend that people go into business for some other reasons not highlighted above but these reasons is synonymous with most start up businesses. If you find this article interesting please feel free to share and maybe someone out there could get inspired from this little piece of information.

For your Business Registration, Brand Marketing, Business Proposals,
Strategic Business Development, Content Management,SMS and E-mail
Marketing, Expatriate Quota/Work Permits, SMEs start-up.

Contact us at:
Prospective Ideas Nig Ent
5, Atunwa Street Off Unity Rd,
By Custom Training School
Ikeja
Lagos-State.
+2348034201291; +2348170327317
ideasandprospects@gmail.com;

lekanolanite@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment